We have listed a few self storage tips that are typically not thought of when you are in the process of moving into a storage unit! These are helpful handy tips that keep your storage organized and safe during the rental time.
- Select medium uniform sized boxes that are easy to handle, sturdy and easy to stack. Label each box on the side and top for easy identification.
- Leave a few inches of air space around the inside perimeter of the unit to promote air flow. Place wooden strips or pallets on the floor to protect against moisture.
- Stack heavy non-breakables on the bottom, lighter and fragile items on the top. Place items you need often near the front of the unit
- Do not forget to secure your unit with a good lock and provide insurance coverage on your items while they are in storage.
While storing with us, there are many useful tips online for storing at a facility. But we are sharing some storage DON’Ts to help your storing experience go smoothly!
We recommend following these tips:
- Do not store any food items. This will prevent any unwanted guests.
- Do not pack your boxes so that they are too heavy to carry them. Especially when you are packing books.
- Do not assume that your homeowners or renters insurance will cover your belongings while in storage. Purchase the insurance with us!
- Do not give out your password, gate code or any information to any one that is not listed as having access.
- Do not use printed newspaper for wrapping. The ink may smudge and get on your items. We sell packing paper in the store!
- Do not forget to clean appliances before you store them.
- Do not store any toxins or flammables such as paint, oil, or gasoline.
- Do not store any gases, propane tanks, or chemicals.
- Do not store any explosives, ammunition, or firearms.
These are to keep you and others safe and your storage experience great!
2016, the new year and we are off to a fresh start! We found great articles to share that gives some tips on organization and cleaning to start the new year off on the right foot! Whether you need to get organized after the holidays or are moving to a new house, we offer some helpful hints in your process. Follow us over to Pinterest to read more tips: click this link. If you have children, these organization tips will be helpful for your household in the new year!