“It can be DONE!”
Finally, all your possession have arrived at your new home. Now the question is, “Where do I start?” Unpacking can be an overwhelming task. You have to find the perfect place for everything, from the pictures on the wall to which drawer you want the silverware in. Here at Viera Storage Co. in Melbourne, FL we’ve come up with some “Staying Sane Tips” to help you along the way.
- Use the same system you created when you packed up all those prized possessions. Get all the boxes into the appropriate rooms; kitchen goes in the kitchen; bedroom items go into the right bedroom and so on. Do not open the boxes until you have them all in the correct rooms.
- Start with the essentials. Remember those items that you packed up last because you were going to need them up to the end of your move? Well those are going to be the items you need first so it would make the most sense to open those boxes first, right?
- Game Plan! Make sure you have an idea of where you want all your furniture and set it up before you start opening up all the boxes. It will save you time and sanity if you have your furniture set up so there’s somewhere to place all the items you have boxed up.
- For the sanity and love of all those around you; PLEASE don’t try and unpack everything in one day! You’ll not only drive yourself crazy but everyone who’s helping you as well. Start with the kitchen and see how you feel and then move on from there. It’s not a mad dash to get it done you have time and if you’re like me you’ll want it to be perfect and perfection takes time.
- “Homey” touch. As simple has setting out some pictures will make you feel more settled; and make the new place feel more like “home”.
Come into our office to talk with our staff about other useful tips. Viera Storage Co. has merchandise available for purchase for all your packing needs.